Tantrum Apps has some new AWESOME apps! First, I love this company and I love the products they produce. They are parents who want great quality, educational apps for their own children. But, they actually care about making hands on apps for little ones. I love how they care about the teacher perspective.
"Description -FirstCamera is the must-have app for kids who love to take photos. Our 5 year old daughter would always ask to borrow our phones to take pictures. We'd end up with dozens of photos saved to the camera roll, mostly of cats and feet. That's when we decided to build a camera app just for her."
So here are 10 scavenger hunt ideas using this app.
I will divide my students into groups according to how many i "devices" we have. Allow each group to go on a "hunt" for items. The best part if, you can relate the "hunts" to what you are learning about, or differentiated so each group is looking for something different. For examples- they can hunt for shapes in general, or each group can look for a particular shape like a trianle, circle, etc.
3. Letters- find the most words that begin with an ___.
4.Words- specific sight word or word that starts with that letter.
5. Punctuation- they always LOVE this, esp finding quotation marks later in the school year. I start with ! and ?.
6. Insects or leaves- think about on the playground
7. US symbols- do this around February- flag in the front of the school and in classroom, art work in hallways, etc.
8. Nouns or Verbs- I know this may be tough for Kinders, but think about those high students or 1st graders.
Tantrum are finishing Beta testing on their next app- FirstVideo.
I *think* FirstCamera app is even free right now! So grab it and download NOW!
Any other GREAT ideas using this FirstCamera App?