I love some great Dollar Spot finds!
While at Target today with my sweet family, I saw these card sets.
Traffic Signs Cards
1. These cards are perfect for my maps unit. We can make simple signs using these and foam squares to hold them up.
2. These signs can also be used inspiration so they can create their own road signs.
3. If you save some of these signs, you can make an ABC order game with them.
4. With two decks of these, we can play a memory game or go fish game. They are two sided so I would have to back them with card stock and laminate first.
5. I am also thinking these could be used as table classroom management tools like STOP talking, ROAD CLOSED for can't come talk to me or a time out, H as in Hospital for band aids.
6. You could also play a road sign BINGO game on a road trip. Bring the cards and baggies- one with a smile face for each child and another blank. All cards start in the blank baggie. Each child can have 5 cards at a time. When they see that road sign, it goes into their smile face baggie and they can get a new card. The child with the most cards in their baggie wins!
Busy People Cards
1. These cards are perfect for community helpers.
2. Read the description of each person on the front and let the class guess what job they do!
3. Pass out a card to reading partners to let them act out reading that way. For example, they can read pretending to be a professor, reporter, train conductor, etc. Since they are two sided, each person can choose between two people or both can do the same.
4. If you save some of these signs, you can make an ABC order game with them.5. With two decks of these, we can play a memory game or go fish game. They are two sided so I would have to back them with card stock and laminate first.
6. Creative Writing prompts- each child can get a card and use that community helper to write about.
Does this give you an idea of some FUN activities to do with these cheapo cards?
I would LOVE to see read some of your ideas also... so comment with them below!